HOMELESS IN HOMELAND is a 70min solo show about urban Jewish-American identity, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the human need for a place of belonging, of home. It is a piece of documentary theater based on a trip taken by the writer/performer to Israel and the occupied West Bank in 2007. Actor-dancer-poet Saria Idana weaves spoken word with cultural dance styles, the personal with the political; she speaks in her own voice and in the voices of seventeen characters, American, Israeli and Palestinian.
Search La Peña’s Blog
- The Weekender: May 18-20! - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… https://t.co/aqGQWGnZoH 5 days ago
- Thank you, internet! Thank you, Oakland! Think… instagram.com/p/Bi1Be88laWP/… 1 week ago
- TONIGHT AT LA PEÑA: Quinceañera-themed Pachangas don't come around… instagram.com/p/BipLKX4FVjO/… 1 week ago
- La Peña’s Mundos Musicales Summer Camp: A Bilingual Summer Camp… instagram.com/p/Bin4kzvlDyk/… 1 week ago
- The Weekender: May 10-13, plus Registration is Now Open for Mundos Musicales Summer Camp! - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… https://t.co/H4urI1oNmh 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.