HOMELESS IN HOMELAND is a 70min solo show about urban Jewish-American identity, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the human need for a place of belonging, of home. It is a piece of documentary theater based on a trip taken by the writer/performer to Israel and the occupied West Bank in 2007. Actor-dancer-poet Saria Idana weaves spoken word with cultural dance styles, the personal with the political; she speaks in her own voice and in the voices of seventeen characters, American, Israeli and Palestinian.
Search La Peña’s Blog
- Jose and Arnoldo from The Chiapas Support Committee are installing an incredible new art exhibit… instagram.com/p/BfZbPapHptL/ 1 day ago
- We are so excited to announce that we are partnering with three incredible Latina and Chicana… instagram.com/p/BfSbfe0HHBI/ 4 days ago
- See what's happening at LP this weekend, plus community updates! - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… 5 days ago
- Evidence of Love premieres this Sunday, Feb. 11th at 7pm at La Peña Cultural Center! Learn more… instagram.com/p/BfCb1dYnKe9/ 1 week ago
- The Weekender Feb. 9-11, plus upcoming events! - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.