HOMELESS IN HOMELAND is a 70min solo show about urban Jewish-American identity, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the human need for a place of belonging, of home. It is a piece of documentary theater based on a trip taken by the writer/performer to Israel and the occupied West Bank in 2007. Actor-dancer-poet Saria Idana weaves spoken word with cultural dance styles, the personal with the political; she speaks in her own voice and in the voices of seventeen characters, American, Israeli and Palestinian.
Search La Peña’s Blog
- On Monday April 24 at 8pm we bring you Orquesta La Peña's Monthly Salsa Party! The evening… instagram.com/p/BTNqWK5BdRK/ 1 day ago
- On Monday April 24 at 8pm we bring you Orquesta La Peña's Monthly Salsa Party! The evening… instagram.com/p/BSJspf0BcnZ/ 1 day ago
- Join the Son Jarocho community at La Peña tonight (Friday, April 21) 8pm-11pm to enjoy a lively… instagram.com/p/BTKhSGjBAkv/ 2 days ago
- The Weekender: April 19 - 24 - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… 4 days ago
- We are so excited to be collaborating with Global Barrio on 4/20 (this Thursday) at ERA Art Bar… instagram.com/p/BTDi_F7h6I0/ 5 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.