Nicole Klaymoon’s Embodiment Project invites you to witness ten performers use street dance, spoken word, theater, and song, unearthing the most intimate workings of their hearts, in an attempt to better understand our shared emotional reality. Drawing from love in all its forms – familial, romantic, esoteric, and abstract – “Bloodline” fuses process and performance highlighting the symbiotic nature of vulnerability and self-empowerment. “Bloodline” is the manifestation of the belief that self-healing is the most important step towards social change and a shift in global consciousness. The evening will also include guest performances by Byb Chanel, Ashley Holladay, Valerie Troutt, and Makana Muanga. Plus guest artists Byb Chanel, Ashley Holladay, Valerie Troutt, & Makana Muanga. Friday, Saturday and Sunday March 25, 26 & 27. 2011. 12-$20 sliding scale $8 students – 8pm
Search La Peña’s Blog
- La Peña Cultural Center proudly presents: CHILEXICO Saturday, September 16 at 9pm! CHILEXICO is… instagram.com/p/BYFQSVdBiOK/ 1 day ago
- Thank you @eastbayexpress for taking the time to write about our beloved cultural center! "For… instagram.com/p/BX_13ucBxcO/ 3 days ago
- If you share our vision of a multicultural and united world, then you are invited to our FREE… instagram.com/p/BX9cQ0_h9oh/ 4 days ago
- Dear friends of La Peña, We could really use some random acts of kindness from the comunidad… instagram.com/p/BX4d_njh32-/ 6 days ago
- The Weekender: August 17-20 & Fundraising Update! - mailchi.mp/lapena/la-pea-… 6 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.