Los Cojolites performed to a packed house Friday night. On tour all the way from Veracruz, they brought the lively music and singing style, son jarocho. Many of their songs had the audience singing along or even dancing in the aisles. It was quite a thing to hear a chorus of heels hitting the hardwood floor to the music. The excitement kept building and then the audience erupted when Los Cojolites ripped into their version of “La Bamba”, perhaps one of the most famous son jarocho songs.
Search La Peña’s Blog
- It's going down at the son jarocho Fandango Friday: Día de la Revolución! 100% of donations… instagram.com/p/Bbn538LHMxD/ 9 hours ago
- Volunteers Needed- mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… 11 hours ago
- TONIGHT AT LA PEÑA 7pm-11pm: this event is FREE ADMISSION with 100% of the donations collected… instagram.com/p/BbnBAoUnzLa/ 17 hours ago
- The Weekender: Nov. 15-19, plus EXCITING news at La Peña! - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… 2 days ago
- Join us this Saturday for Thangs Taken: Rethinking Thanksgiving! In the morning there is the… instagram.com/p/BbgbRzynOO7/ 3 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.