Los Cojolites performed to a packed house Friday night. On tour all the way from Veracruz, they brought the lively music and singing style, son jarocho. Many of their songs had the audience singing along or even dancing in the aisles. It was quite a thing to hear a chorus of heels hitting the hardwood floor to the music. The excitement kept building and then the audience erupted when Los Cojolites ripped into their version of “La Bamba”, perhaps one of the most famous son jarocho songs.
Search La Peña’s Blog
- Jose and Arnoldo from The Chiapas Support Committee are installing an incredible new art exhibit… instagram.com/p/BfZbPapHptL/ 1 day ago
- We are so excited to announce that we are partnering with three incredible Latina and Chicana… instagram.com/p/BfSbfe0HHBI/ 4 days ago
- See what's happening at LP this weekend, plus community updates! - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… 5 days ago
- Evidence of Love premieres this Sunday, Feb. 11th at 7pm at La Peña Cultural Center! Learn more… instagram.com/p/BfCb1dYnKe9/ 1 week ago
- The Weekender Feb. 9-11, plus upcoming events! - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… 1 week ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.