Los Cojolites performed to a packed house Friday night. On tour all the way from Veracruz, they brought the lively music and singing style, son jarocho. Many of their songs had the audience singing along or even dancing in the aisles. It was quite a thing to hear a chorus of heels hitting the hardwood floor to the music. The excitement kept building and then the audience erupted when Los Cojolites ripped into their version of “La Bamba”, perhaps one of the most famous son jarocho songs.
Search La Peña’s Blog
- Attention aspiring Salsa Dancers! Every last Monday of the month at 8pm, La Peña hosts a free beginners Salsa class… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- La Peña Turns 42! The Weekender: June 22-26 - mailchi.mp/lapena/the-wee… 20 hours ago
- Friday, July 8 at La Peña: Get ready to dance to a variety of genres from Latin America and… instagram.com/p/BVoJbulB8oo/ 1 day ago
- Come join us this Thursday from 7pm-9:30pm for a special screening of the new documentary "From the Ashes" presente… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Come celebrate Frida Kahlo's 110th birthday by supporting strong womxn artists & artisans at… instagram.com/p/BViv5_PBzVY/ 3 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.