Los Cojolites performed to a packed house Friday night. On tour all the way from Veracruz, they brought the lively music and singing style, son jarocho. Many of their songs had the audience singing along or even dancing in the aisles. It was quite a thing to hear a chorus of heels hitting the hardwood floor to the music. The excitement kept building and then the audience erupted when Los Cojolites ripped into their version of “La Bamba”, perhaps one of the most famous son jarocho songs.
Search La Peña’s Blog
- La Peña Cultural Center proudly presents: CHILEXICO Saturday, September 16 at 9pm! CHILEXICO is… instagram.com/p/BYFQSVdBiOK/ 1 day ago
- Thank you @eastbayexpress for taking the time to write about our beloved cultural center! "For… instagram.com/p/BX_13ucBxcO/ 3 days ago
- If you share our vision of a multicultural and united world, then you are invited to our FREE… instagram.com/p/BX9cQ0_h9oh/ 4 days ago
- Dear friends of La Peña, We could really use some random acts of kindness from the comunidad… instagram.com/p/BX4d_njh32-/ 6 days ago
- The Weekender: August 17-20 & Fundraising Update! - mailchi.mp/lapena/la-pea-… 6 days ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.